Monday, March 19, 2012

The Real Housewives of Cucamonga take on Manhattan

In two short days a few of us housewives, three to be exact, are going to New York for an extended weekend. We will be leaving the guys behind. As much as I love to travel with my husband, there is nothing like a girl's trip. I have been to New York three times before...once on a couple's trip, once with my family for a surprise 40th birthday trip and a few years ago, my sis and three girlfriends flew there to walk in a half marathon for "mature women."

When it is just the girls, the remote control is never touched....in fact, the TV is rarely on. It is all about go, go, go. We land at 8 am and will not land in our beds until late in the evening after a very cosmopolitan dining experience at around 10 pm.  Then, we'll walk back to our east side apartment around midnight. Of course the three hour time difference doesn't hurt!

The weather is suppose to be mild. I am packing a different kind of coat for each day, as the weather is changing from pleasant to cooler over the weekend. I plan on blogging throughout our trip. This is Diane's first New York adventure and I think Nancy was there once when she was a kid. That means I have to be the tour guide and subway aficionado. We will follow strict diet guidelines....only eat at indigenous restaurants. A bagel or two (okay, maybe one every morning) will be a must as well as a pretzel with mustard from a street vendor. 

The Cucamonga Housewives are ready for adventure, not the Sex in the City variety but long walks (possibly a jog, just so I can say I ran) through Central Park, a stroll up 5th Avenue (where I will say, over and over..."I can't believe I'm walking up 5th Avenue") a visit to Ground Zero, a Broadway musical and the most but necessary touristy thing of all, a city view from the top of the Empire State Bldg.

Stay tune. I'll post pics. We will not be wearing our typical sparkly evening gowns, halter tops and diamonds. We will leave those in Cucamonga. We will try to blend in with the natives, because we will not have time to stop to sign autographs.

What is your favorite thing to do or favorite restaurant in New York?

No comments:

Post a Comment